MAS Community Health provides students with valuable insight and hands-on experience. We take pride in the high-quality work that our summer interns produce and pay a competitive hourly rate.
Interns are paired with a mentor for the summer. The mentor will assign tasks and projects to the student. The interns will attend several learning & professional development sessions throughout the summer, including discussions with senior leaders, informative program meetings, plus mock-interview sessions to practice answering behavior-based interview questions. At the end of the internship program, each intern will have the opportunity to present a summary of the work they accomplished throughout the summer.
- Applications: The timeline to apply for this internship program is January – March. Late applications will not be considered.
- Interviews: Mentor conduct interviews and select their intern(s) March – April. *Interviews may be completed via phone or Skype if the student is unable to attend an in-person interview.
- Hiring & on-boarding: Students complete the hiring and on-boarding process April – May. *You will need to be able to come to Portland for some of the on-boarding process.
- Orientation: A mandatory Intern orientation takes place in early June
- Internship: Interns work and learn 20-40 hours per week with their preceptor June – August.
- Final presentation: All interns are required to present a summary of their internship at the end of the summer.
To be considered for an internship position, students must be in good academic standing and currently enrolled (full-time or part-time) at an accredited educational institution (college, university, graduate school, etc.).